Thursday, January 13, 2011

Getting Out of Your Fashion Rut

As a psych grad and image consultant, I like to analyze a lot of "why's", especially style-wise. 


Everyone, even the most stylish of people can get stuck in a fashion rut. Getting too comfortable in a specific trend or not having motivation to look our best is certainly a downfall of human nature. Who doesn't love to pick one look and run with it? 


I can admit, this time of year is a hard time to put on your Sunday best only to have to shovel a path to your car, brush it off, scrape some ice only to find that your handle is frozen shut... but let's challenge each other to be the best we can be! It's so easy to be lazy. I personally can tell you I've only been wearing mascara to work lately because I just can't be bothered to go through the routine of putting on makeup. Why? Why don't I want to look the best I can look everyday?


Some people like the excuse of "oh well I just want to be comfortable" when asked about their jeans and t-shirt existence. You know what is a lot more comfortable than jeans? Leggings! Pair them with a sweater dress or a cute pair of baggy shorts, I guarantee you will feel awesome! 


I challenge you to break your own personal rut this month. I am going to wear make-up tomorrow, what are you going to do to be the best you?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment