Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Must Haves

Although Toronto Fashion Week is upon us and showing us what to wear for Fall/Winter 2011, most of us are probably buying for this Spring and Summer season. Lucky for us Holt Renfrew has put together a list of the top ten things you can't live without this Spring. 

1. The Nude Pump
Agreed! The nude pump is an amazing way to lengthen the legs, and c'mon they go with everything! I am, however, very picky about the colour of nude. There is a fine line between what some call nude and others call beige. I personally like more of a peachy nude than a brownish nude so beware of online shopping. I like this colour from Christian Louboutin. 


2. The Crossbody Flapover Bag
Not my personal favourite trend, but I understand the attraction as they are practical to carry, but that line across certain body types just doesn't create the most flattering shapes.


3. The Perfect White Shirt
I don't necessarily see this as a Spring essential, but as an essential to every wardrobe at all times for men, women, and children alike! Banana Republic carries an amazing dress shirt that, get this, DOESN'T WRINKLE! Let's face it -- unless you are devoted to your dry cleaner, things just don't get ironed like they should. 


4. The High Colour Clutch
I'm all about the colour so this trend is really my favourite. I purchased a gorgeous Marc by Marc Jacobs clutch in orange (pictured here) that is going to be amazing this spring/summer. 


5. The Leather Perfecto
Ok I'm not going to lie... I wasn't familiar with the word 'perfecto' either. It's a bomber-type jacket. And yes, they are amazing and can take you from nerd to rock and roll in 5 seconds. Love it. 


6. The Perfect Sheath Dress
Sheath dresses are light weight dresses that generally fall just above the knees and have little detailing. This type of dress is amazing to own because you can dress them down with wedges and a blazer or dress them up with some stilettos and some jewelry. I find that H&M usually carry a few every season, or if you are looking to devote some of your budget you could get a great one at Banana Republic or Ralph Lauren. 


7. The Iconic Trench
Everybody deserves a great trench coat. Useful in the spring and the fall I would recommend a more neutral colour so that you could use it during both seasons. I know they aren't the most affordable, but Burberry Prorsum has the most gorgeous trenches in the world. 


8. The Perfect Pant Suit
Again, not necessarily a spring essential, but an essential for all seasons. Great in a bind for a last minute job interview or for a business function at night you could dress it up with a colourful top underneath in place of a blouse. 


9. Delicately Layered Gold Necklaces
To this I say gold OR silver. Not everyone can pull off gold, but it is definitely the hotter colour right now so if it works for you -- go for it! 


10. The Perfect Wedge
Of course, I just found the perfect pair. They are the Jessica Simpson 'Crepe' wedge and I found them at Winners for cheaper than they are on her website. Score! 

1 comment:

  1. Sweet detailed list! I am excited to think of the pieces in my closet that fall on this list ... excited to put together spring ensembles!!! thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete